Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

facewash during pregnancy

What is a good face wash to use for all of these pregnancy breakouts? My skin looks so bad! I used proactive before pregnancy but I have heard that its not good to use while expecting
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4654179 tn?1595183520
I love St. Ives apricot scrub luckily my skin actually cleared during my pregnancy. Oh hormones.
Helpful - 0
The only one safe I know for sure is cetaphil. It's the salicylic acid that is bad for baby.
Helpful - 0
I use burts bees. It actually works really well.
Helpful - 0
If its really bad you can ask your OB for erythromycin topical ointment. That's what they gave me a couple years ago when i was pregnant. It will really dry your face out though so get a really good face moisturizer
Helpful - 0
Im still using proactive. I wonder why its bad?  I also make my own homemade sugar scrub and use it once a week. You should google recipes. And since they are from foods you can use them on your lips too. Mine are usually really chapped but it has been working wonders.
Helpful - 0
*NZ only brands
Helpful - 0
I use 'st. Ives' and 'nivea' but not sure if they are NZ brands
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.