for already moms

Hi girls. I'm 8 days post-partum I was wondering if losing 20 pounds after delivery is normal,  I am a naturally petite girl but I just think it's drastic lol I mean I shouldn't complain and I'm not but just wondering if I'm the only one. I still have some tummy to lose but that's it
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I gained 26 ponds total so I just have some toning up to do at this point. I'm still swollen as well
Helpful - 0
When I had my first I lost a lot after having him. I'd say it's normal cus you don't have your babies weight or the placenta in you anymore.
Helpful - 0
Yep I lost about the same. Plus if you breastfeeding weight drops off too. So make sure to eat plenty to keep up the strength :)
Helpful - 0
Yea that's normal. You carry a lot of extra water weight and blood while pregnant. My friend lost 35 pounds in 2 weeks after she had her baby.
Helpful - 0
Wow dat is great , I think it's normal how much did u gain total ?
Helpful - 0
I lost weight super fast too im pretty small as well and my daughter is 7 months and im 6 months pregnant again and dont even look pregnant and im pretty Healthy...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community