Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

for already moms

Hi girls. I'm 8 days post-partum I was wondering if losing 20 pounds after delivery is normal,  I am a naturally petite girl but I just think it's drastic lol I mean I shouldn't complain and I'm not but just wondering if I'm the only one. I still have some tummy to lose but that's it
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I gained 26 ponds total so I just have some toning up to do at this point. I'm still swollen as well
Helpful - 0
12302967 tn?1437575065
When I had my first I lost a lot after having him. I'd say it's normal cus you don't have your babies weight or the placenta in you anymore.
Helpful - 0
Yep I lost about the same. Plus if you breastfeeding weight drops off too. So make sure to eat plenty to keep up the strength :)
Helpful - 0
Yea that's normal. You carry a lot of extra water weight and blood while pregnant. My friend lost 35 pounds in 2 weeks after she had her baby.
Helpful - 0
Wow dat is great , I think it's normal how much did u gain total ?
Helpful - 0
13782075 tn?1437961772
I lost weight super fast too im pretty small as well and my daughter is 7 months and im 6 months pregnant again and dont even look pregnant and im pretty Healthy...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.