Pregnancy Community

gestational diabetes

I have my appointment set for the 8th of May.  I am really scared that I might fail this test.. I don't know what to do.. I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff but there's other things that have sugars.. and I have history of diabetes in my family from my dads side but no history of gestational diabetes. But i am prediabetic. My doctor never told me to check my blood or to take any medication. Just to change my diet and I did. But this was before my pregnancy. I am really worried that I will have it.. are there any prediabetics out there that didn't get GD? If not I would still like your prayers so that I pass this test. Please and thank you :/
I'm glad i'm not the only one worried about that. They're sending me for that test in a week or  two and i'm worred about something being wrong. As far as I know I haven't been labeled prediabetic before pregnancy or now during but it does run through both mine and my husbands family
I just don't want to go through that.. its scary... and then what it can do to the baby... I don't want my baby to get diabetes...
I take mine on the 10th of may n im worried too i almost hit the prediabetic 2ys ago tried to change my diet but didnt work out now im pregnant n i pray to god to pass w my little girl i crave sweets but i tried to drink lost of water n my prenatal on time im worried n how will it affect my baby?!
I've read that it can make ur baby weigh over 9lbs at birth and it can increase the babies chance of getting type 2 diabetes in later life. And something like hypoglocemia? Also jaundice, respiratory problems, and it can double he chance of baby developing adhd before age 6.. I don't want to ruin my babys life with problems that I may have caused because I get GD