Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

gestational diabetes

I have my appointment set for the 8th of May.  I am really scared that I might fail this test.. I don't know what to do.. I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff but there's other things that have sugars.. and I have history of diabetes in my family from my dads side but no history of gestational diabetes. But i am prediabetic. My doctor never told me to check my blood or to take any medication. Just to change my diet and I did. But this was before my pregnancy. I am really worried that I will have it.. are there any prediabetics out there that didn't get GD? If not I would still like your prayers so that I pass this test. Please and thank you :/
4 Responses
I'm glad i'm not the only one worried about that. They're sending me for that test in a week or  two and i'm worred about something being wrong. As far as I know I haven't been labeled prediabetic before pregnancy or now during but it does run through both mine and my husbands family
I just don't want to go through that.. its scary... and then what it can do to the baby... I don't want my baby to get diabetes...
I take mine on the 10th of may n im worried too i almost hit the prediabetic 2ys ago tried to change my diet but didnt work out now im pregnant n i pray to god to pass w my little girl i crave sweets but i tried to drink lost of water n my prenatal on time im worried n how will it affect my baby?!
I've read that it can make ur baby weigh over 9lbs at birth and it can increase the babies chance of getting type 2 diabetes in later life. And something like hypoglocemia? Also jaundice, respiratory problems, and it can double he chance of baby developing adhd before age 6.. I don't want to ruin my babys life with problems that I may have caused because I get GD
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.