Pregnancy Community

gestational diabetes

I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes and im kinda freaking out. Im 27w4d and id like to know what could happen to me and my baby boy as well as any advice you have for me. Thanks!
Hi, so gestational diabetes is more common than not. Its only a concern when not controlled, because our body doesn't produce or over produces insulin causing baby to grow faster or store fat. For mom its important to be controlled you don't want to have it high or too low. Here is a link so you can read up on Gestational Diabetes: http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/gestational/what-is-gestational-diabetes.html Good luck to you and baby! :)