Pregnancy Forum

getting pregnant after removing mirena

hi, i'm 27 years old. i have a 6 year old daughter and i have had mirena since 1/27/08.  for the last few months i haven't had my period. i would just stop here and there.  i got my period on 11/13/08. it wasn't heavy but its the first time it resembled a period. it was redish brown but enough to have to use a pad. 11/14/08 i got my iud taken out in hopes to get pregnant.  will i be ovulation around 11/27 or will it throw me off course when getting it removed?  before i had mirena, i ovulated like clock work. i knew when i was getting my period to the day every month. i got pregnant with my daughter immediately
Hi!  Lucky you to have such a faithful system!  
If the manufacturers of the IUD are correct, (in my experience they have been) you should be getting a period within 4-6 weeks after removal. Having it removed should not interfere with ovulation, so if you don't get your period on schedule, first thing to check is a pregnancy test.

Good luck!

Dr B
thanks,

i woke up this morning and my period was gone.  yesterday it was heavy. i went to be and woke up to nothing.  can this be considered a regular period or can i be expecting another one.  my period usually lasts 4-5 days before having the iud inserted.  i haven't really had a period since i think may so i don't know.  
i ordered ovulation tests online.  when do you think i should start checking to see if i'm ovulating?
I had my IUD in for 4 yrs and just had it removed in May.  I got pregnant the very next month in June.  I know that everyone's body reacts differently but my ovulation was definitely not thrown off.  However, I still got my period like clockwork each month with the IUD.
I had my IUD for a year. I just got it out on July 24th of this year because it was causing some very menacing symptoms.
I had a period pretty much right after I had it removed and the next month I didn't have one. Then I had one in September and in October I didn't have one but I am now 8 weeks pregnant.
My periods have always been regular - if not, I had too many a month. So, I think the IUD did throw mine off a little.
I've had the merina in for 9years I have a 12yr old son already and want another child, I had my coil out on the 30th december and tonight a white grape sized thing came out of my vagina with a touch of blood in it!
? I'm worried!
Vikki :(
A related discussion, ttc after removal of mirena iud was started.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.