A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
342988 tn?1299785956

getting pregnant

finally just got my first period after a missed miscarriage and a d and c six weeks ago.  i am looking for advice on how long to wait on TTC.  my mid-wife said one healthy cycle and then i can try but the doctor said 2 healthy cycles then try.  i feel that emotionally i am ready now and just wanted some advice as to if others tried to concieve after their first period from a miscarriage or d and c?

thanks,

leigh
1 Responses
347484 tn?1213309338
I had a m/c April 2006. I didn't get my first period until June 1st (that's two MONTHS of waiting). I became pregnant in mid-June and now have a beautiful 8-month-old girl (who is actually sleeping in my arms right now... makes it hard to type). Anyway, as you can see, we tried immediately and hit jackpot. Some women have become pregnant BEFORE they even get their first period after a m/c. But the reason your doc wants you to have two cycles is to make sure your body is ready. It is a traumatic experience on your body. BUT women have healthy babies after m/c all the time. So do what you think is best. I did and I wouldn't give up my daughter for anything in the world. I had ZERO complications. So you can wait until next time around or get busy now! Good luck! And please, if you don't get pregnant right away, don't worry! Just keep trying. I'm not trying to make it sound like getting preggo is easy for everyone by telling my story. I just wanted you to know that I did TTC immediately and it went very well for me.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.