Pregnancy Community

glucose test

Im avout to go drink the nasty orange cra p.. wish me luck
Good luck momma :) its not so bad, I like the orange. Its the sprite kind I hated lol
Good luck!! It's pretty Nasty just drink it as quick as you can!! Hope you do well, gestational diabetes is the worst!!!
Thanks now I'm just waiting for the results. Im well familiar with thr test. This is my second baby and I had to take the one hour and three hour test. Its not too bad but is pretty nasty... let you all know if I passed.
This is my first baby an when I went in for it, I didn't think it was that bad at all! Lol I chose the fruit punch an I actually liked it.  I didn't feel sick or anything after but my lil man was bouncing around like crazy! Lol :) an I passed the one hr test! :D
Well apparently I dont get my results until tomorrow. I also got a wet prep test to test for vaginal infections. Im pretty such i have bacterial vaginosis... ): Ill update as soon as I get the results (:
How many wks do you do the glucose test?  I forgot was it in the third trimester?
Goodluck
No your supposed to get it at 24 weeks. But because my last appointment I was 23 weeks 5 days. and I had to reschedule my appointment so i am just now taking it at 30 weeks. Its not normal to take it that late :/
I didn't mind the drink but it gave me the worst stomach ache... they had to poke me 5 times to draw blood for it. I was so over it by the time I left.
It varies. My docs office does it at 28wks
Oh really. Well thst makes me feel better then... I hate waiting for results
I didnt find the sprite one thaaaat bad when I had it but it gave me some awful stomachache afterwards and diahrrea. I had it at 28 weeks as well... hope i dont have to do it again!
I did mine today, had the flat sprite lol they called and told me it was kinda elevated to come do the 3 hr test this week..oh joy 3 hrs in the hospital lol
Ugh took it today I hated it almost threw up.
I took mine when I was 28wks my doc office wouldn't do it any sooner then that.
I kinda liked the taste of it
First time mommy have no idea wat the hell that is ? Why do u have to take it ???
I took mine today as well. Doesn't bother me at all.. Had the two hour glglucose test today just sat in the waiting room for two hows and got blood drawn from three different veins noooo fun...I had anothee test as well took 14 tubes today. Iyiyi (:
Its a routine test for gestational diabetes. Its diabetes brought on my pregnancy and you have to treat it like diabetes if you haven't it. Yous just have to drink a orange drink wait an hour and they draw your blood. They have certain cut off numbers.. usually if you fail the one hour test tou go back and do the three hour where the draw your blood once an hour for three hours. I pray I passed the one hour because last Tim I had to take the three hour... its not that bad but I hated being hospital bound for three hours plus I hate the whole blood draw deal. I passed the three hour with my first luckily. But today it wasnt bad at all because my husband, daughter and I just left for the hour so I didn't have to sit alone in the waiting room anf then came back for thr blood draw. (:
Holy crap! Did you mean to say 14 tubes??? I had other test done too.. they took 4 tubes. Judt the routine stuff though.
I passed and all my other blood work looked good. Thank God!
Yeah 14 tubes:/
one vein they took 12 tubes then I drank that stuff waited an hour in the waiting room and then took another tube of blood from my other arm then waited another hour in the waiting room & they took blood from the other arm in a diff vein! I was there from 930-1. Fun day!  Haha hoping everything comes back good I'm glad yours did (:
You'll be fine!! (: