Pregnancy Community

glucose test

Am I the only one who hates drinking that stuff?
I have mine in a couple weeks. I'll let you know lol
I never had one. And I don't know why:/ I'm 28 weeks with my second now when do you know if you have to have a test?
I had mine at 20 weeks but i hear a lot of people do it between 24-28 weeks. My first pregnancy I passed the 1 hour this time I failed badly! I wasn't aware we were doing the test that day and I at a donut :( they say not to fast but I would suggest eating high protein the morning of and not eating an hour before. I had to do the 3 hour and it was a nightmare! You have to fast starting the night before and they draw your blood 4 times. I ended up not finishing until 10:30 and I was there since 7! I nearly fainted in the car on the way home. For sure bring a snack in your purse for right after the test because you will crash at the end. I passed the 3 hour thankfully! Goodluck ladies!
I took one when I was like 20 weeks and passed, and just took another one at 32 weeks. Don't ask me why cause I don't know, I didn't question it because it's better to be safe than sorry. Its just really nasty && I be starving!
The drink is just too sweet I had orange and it wouldn't be bad if I could water it down lol
It doesn't bother me a bit
The orange kind isn't too bad.
It doesn't bother me but it does make me thirsty for water.
I took the glucose test and that stuff tasted like flat, over sweetened orange soda.Since then,  I cant drink any orange flavored stuff without it messing with me.
I had mine done at 29 weeks. I opted for the Lemon lime flavored one. It wasn't bad at all. It tasted like watered down Sprite. They also had it cold so it wasn't bad all.
You have to fast for 3 hours for the 1 hour test and fast I think for 12 hours for the 3 hour test. I was fine with the 1 hour one but for the 3 hour test I got super sick. I will be asking for the other test for this pregnancy. I can't handle being like that