Pregnancy Community

hair dye

Any of you ladies have issues with dying your hair while pregnant? I'm 5 weeks but don't want to hurt my baby. .
The fumes can be harmful so if you do I suggest do it outside and avoid smelling the fumes if possible.
No I didnt but wait till your in you second trimester and when you do make sure windows are open.
All of my doctors said it was fine to dye your hair every once in a while. As long as I wasn't doing it everyday lol. But when hairdressers get pregnant they don't quit work. So I'm sure its fine. I just do my roots like once a month I wouldn't bleach it or do anything crazy though
Its just an old wives tale... Like they said hair dressers don't quit their jobs. Just don't change the color everyday. You should be fine. You know us mommas have to keep up our looks too!!! Good luck! :)
My obgyn told me it was safe to dye my hair and I have to bleach my roots lol. but i only dye it when it gets to an inch or more outgrown. Just stay in a well ventilated room. If you are still worried about breathing the fumes buy a mask and you'll be fine!
I dyed my hair at 7 weeks, again at 18 weeks and about to again at 26 weeks.
I try to find an ammonia free dye - and I do it in an extremely ventilated area!
So far my little Cupcake is just dandy! Doctors will just warm you to avoid harsh chemicals, and to not let it sit on the skin long.
Happy dyeing. Haha.