has anyone had their wisdom teeth pulled while pregnant?

I'm 31 weeks, and my left top wisdom is growing into my other teeth causing the whole row to throb with pain, and also causing bad migraines. To top it off, the wisdom tooth is cracked, and I don't think I can wait until my baby comes to get them pulled. I'm allergic to Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, and ibuprofen so pain medicine isn't an option,and orajel does not work. (Plus it's disgusting) heeeelp
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
But they didn't wanna at first cuz  they said I was to early in pregnancy to get it done
Helpful - 0
Yeah luna thats probably why they pulled yours cause dental imfections can be very serious.
Helpful - 0
I had a infection in both teeth
Helpful - 0
They wont pull them unless it cause infection that can harm you or baby. The only time you can get any dental work done is in the second trimester i believe and they'll only do fillings that you dont need pain meds to fill
Helpful - 0
With my last pregnancy they pulled my top two out n gave mi X-ray's I had a miscarriage at 9weeks just make sure they don't do a X-ray
Helpful - 0
Holy crap just didn't read that post tright. You're allergic to all of those meds? That's crazy.
Helpful - 0
Whenever I went to the dentist for my gums, she told.me she had to contact my doctor first. I guess because she was gonna numb my mouth. But he told her no, so I have to suffer.
Helpful - 0
Thank you guys so much. I rather go through the pain of having it pulled than the pain Of having it crush my other teeth
Helpful - 0
I had a regular tooth pulled  two months ago and it sucked. I was in pain for 5 days but it was so worth it to be pain free after. I am 28 weeks now.
Helpful - 0
I'm a surgical dental assistant you can get your teeth pulled you can get an implant and you can have an X ray u have to have a double leaded apron though as I do to take an X ray well.... you can take a pain medicine also if you in okays it you would only need it for the first 3 days anyways there's no risk to the baby at all... The dentist just needs an okay from your ob to pull it. In your case you would be in pain due to not being able to.tske.any pain medicine I jope.you find a cure
Helpful - 0
And***need**** mind my spelling lol
Helpful - 0
They gave me lortabs for my wisdom teeth after I had my baby the pulled them
Helpful - 0
You can have teeth pulled but you can't have xrays.  Abd usually with wisdoms they beed to see if the are impacting on nerves etc. best to have a chat with a dentist and see what your options are. Best of luck, hope it feels better soon :)
Helpful - 0
That's what I thought. Then I googled it and read a few posts that said they were able to do it. Just not sure of the risks
Helpful - 0
I dont think you can get teeth pulled while pregnant.. :/
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community