Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

headaches

I think my prenatal pills are giving me headaches, is this something that happens?
6 Responses
1285651 tn?1319642429
I dont think its the prenatal vitamins I think its prengnacy alone haha I had terrible headaches in my first 3 months of pregnancy. They are better now and only come and go. They will get better and will go away eventually. Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!
1390615 tn?1299426291
I don't think they are prenatal vitamins either. I have been having headaches for the last month straight. I'm hoping it'll ease off. My OB said it was hormonal and that it should get better. Hope you feel better!!
1330108 tn?1333677304
Unless you have an allergy to something that is in them it's probably the lovely pregnancy hormones which can bring on some killer headaches. You can always try changing prenatal vitamins but really unless you have a food allergy and that food is in the vitamin i doubt it is them.
It mght actually be the prenatals... Depending on which ones you have, I've had prescription ones that required me to eat/drink a full glass of water/ no dairy with them and regular over the counter ones and if I dnt drink a full glass of water with them I get a terrible headache every time! So try taking them with a full glass or two if water abs see how you feel :) hope this helps!!!
Thanks, I finally got a hold of my doctor and he agreed with Mindy314. That I should probably take them with more than just one glass of water.
I would take them in the evening cause they were making me vommity and I would get the headaches each night that I thought were just pregnancy headaches. Then a couple days ago I was feeling less vommity so I took it earlier in the day and about 20 minutes later I got the headache again. I just thought the headaches were starting to come earlier. The next day I was still feeling okay so I took it early again, and sure enough 20 minutes later a raging headache. It took me a while to catch on but I stopped taking them(until I talked to my doctor) and I haven't had any headaches since.
They were over the counter so I'm not going to chance it I had him give me a prescription. I don't think I have any food allergies, maybe I just suck at taking vitamins. =)
Thanks again friends.
Yep :) just make sure to drink a good bit of water with them and you should be okay!! I just look at it as a good way to make sure in drinking enough water each day, those headache fro prenatals can be pretty nasty!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.