A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

high risk pregnancy

What causes a high risk pregnancy?
&
Is it possible to have a high risk pregnancy at 7 weeks?
10 Responses
4251679 tn?1370309131
There's a lot of things... I'm high risk because of restricted blood flow in my babies umbilical cord. My sister was high risk because of toxemia. Those are just 2 examples of many reasons. I'm not sure if its possible at 7 weeks.
I was at high rush threw out my whole pregnancy with my first, only for the reason I was 15 years old. It's possible at 7 weeks but I'd think it depends on what.
Risk
My coworker was high risk because she had 7 miscarriages in a row. If I had had a regular ob before I got pregnant I would be considered high risk because I had a miscarriage 3 month before this pregnancy. There are a lot of factors. a doctor will tell you if you are high risk or not
Yeah. I'm 7w1d and at my ultrasound on Friday they told me that they need to keep an eye on me because I have high blood pressure and an infection on my stomach from a spider bite. I'm nervous
I have been at high risk since i got pregnant due to type 2 diabetes so yes it is possible
5094917 tn?1366990085
Are you a ftm... Im high risk because of my cervix and i was classified as high risk at 8wks. There are plenty of ways you could be high risk though
Yes I'm a ftm. I'm just nervous.
5094917 tn?1366990085
Don't be nervous and no stressing it will just make matters worse. Its good that they found out your having this problem before anything did happen because npw they can monitor you and make sure it doesn't
I'm 5wks and considered high risk due to an underlying condition I have had through the years. Pregnancy is a bumpy ride, everything is considered high risk if its not in the right zone. My moms 3rd pregnancy was high risk because she was 39, but perfectly healthy. She was even considered high risk with me at 22 because her calcium level was .1 under the amount it needed to be, mind you she's severely allergic to milk and any sort of dairy so her calcium has ALWAYS been that low. It just depends on what all is wrong
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.