Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hospital admission

Do u ladies know if i could be admitted to a certain hospital if i dont feel comfortable with one thats near my house?
6 Responses
I think they want you to go to the one your doctor is at because I had to go to one not far from my house and my nurse said it's best to go to the one where your doctor is at because they have all your information and know what's going on they didn't turn me away or anything
I feel the same way the hospital near my home has been nothing but problems I'm terrified of putting myself and my children's lives in their hands. I have a choice of going to a hospital 2 hours away if I tried a vbac but I'm scared of trying it. I wonder if they would let me do a vbac there if they would schedule a c-section there.
7375907 tn?1402102372
You can go to any hospital its just not the best. My cousin went to the er that was just close to where she was which it was about 10 miles from her hospital and her doctor drove to the one she was at and it was all good.
7037949 tn?1396913181
Doctors do not have privileges at all hospitals.  If you want your doctor, you'll have to go to the hospital that they can go to.  I drive an hour for a better hospital but if I went to the one close to me, my Dr wouldn't be able to treat me there.  
7343521 tn?1402371959
Yeah you need to just go to the hospital your dr is at. Mine is 45 min awsy just because I hate the hospital close to me.
I had to switch doctors because the hospital that he delivers at no long accepts my insurance. Make sure what ever hospital you want to go to takes your insurance before you try going to a different one. The out of pocket price for delivery gets pretty high if the hospital you end up at isn't in network of your insurance.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.