hospital admission

Do u ladies know if i could be admitted to a certain hospital if i dont feel comfortable with one thats near my house?
I think they want you to go to the one your doctor is at because I had to go to one not far from my house and my nurse said it's best to go to the one where your doctor is at because they have all your information and know what's going on they didn't turn me away or anything
I feel the same way the hospital near my home has been nothing but problems I'm terrified of putting myself and my children's lives in their hands. I have a choice of going to a hospital 2 hours away if I tried a vbac but I'm scared of trying it. I wonder if they would let me do a vbac there if they would schedule a c-section there.
You can go to any hospital its just not the best. My cousin went to the er that was just close to where she was which it was about 10 miles from her hospital and her doctor drove to the one she was at and it was all good.
Doctors do not have privileges at all hospitals.  If you want your doctor, you'll have to go to the hospital that they can go to.  I drive an hour for a better hospital but if I went to the one close to me, my Dr wouldn't be able to treat me there.  
Yeah you need to just go to the hospital your dr is at. Mine is 45 min awsy just because I hate the hospital close to me.
I had to switch doctors because the hospital that he delivers at no long accepts my insurance. Make sure what ever hospital you want to go to takes your insurance before you try going to a different one. The out of pocket price for delivery gets pretty high if the hospital you end up at isn't in network of your insurance.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community