A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
7891785 tn?1397535607

how bad is it...

To clean the cats liter box ONE time. My finace does it everyday when he gets home from work, but its over time season so he wont be home for awhile and it HAS to be done asap. We have 2 cats who pee in the floor if the boxes are too full. Like what is it we should be around, something we shouldnt touch or smell? I know its in their poop. Just curious how bad itd be to do it one time.
14 Responses
If u do just be careful not to touch any litter and wash ur hands after.
8367118 tn?1442609020
Put on gloves. Try wrap your face with a bandana,or,something. I honestly don't know enough information,but I know,it's dangerous and considered a risk to the baby: (
Namonia its air born poop.. it is toxic to even breath for the baby it may just smell bad to you n me but it has a high chances of harming your baby if you change it
Breathe*
7552244 tn?1393368337
I do the litterbox at my house...not everyday but almost and its fine..I just wear gloves and something that covers my mouth and nose my baby is healthy and fine and due next monday
7612493 tn?1393740678
Ammonia can be harmful but cover your face and wear gloves. The real risk is contracting toxoplasmosis. Which is food borne but also can be caused by exposure to feces. I have a cat, and scoop the box every couple days. Its not a big deal.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.