how do i leave someone who messes with my head?

I do everything i can to make him happy. Have spent thousands on him over years and i feel hes very ungreatful. I wanted us to be family but im sick of mental torture,threats to leave etc(he has left me 100 times).i feel i cant win,how do i be brave enough to leave?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I left a bad relationship after years of being spoken to like a piece of dirt and cheated on then laughed at when i got upset.... i left for 2 weeks and in that time he changed completely, i was told he would never change and that we would always have a bad relationship. But our relationship is amazing.... yes he does my head in at times but show me a bloke that wouldnt lol he said to me the other day that the saying "u dont know what uve got until u lose it" is the truest thing anyone has ever spoken!
Helpful - 0
You have to be ready to leave..one hindered percent committed..is he emotionally abusive.. if so, get support from a family member or friend to.help you leave,
Helpful - 0
You are so right Nichole75315. Only you know when you have had enough.
You will have all the strength you need when you have gotten to that point in your relationship
Helpful - 0
I did this with my ex for years. One day while watching Dr Phil I asked a question... To myself then him. Where do I want to be in two years? Where did he? The answer to that made it easy. When you are truely ready to be done, it will come to you
Helpful - 0
Its really hard to leave relationships when u love someone trust me! but there will come a time when u just got to give it to god. This means just tell him im done and thats it. Delete his phone number, change yours, never looj him up on facebook cuz thats self torture. For me I couldnt even watch sad movies or listen to sad songs without getting depressed. So I made it a point only to listen and watch shows that was uplifting for a while. Keep yourself busy even when u dont want to. And at night when its the toughest pray and pray yourself to sleep. After a while youll find the peace you are looking for . But u have to cut all ties with him.
Helpful - 0
Momma you just have to say enough is enough and think about your baby...im dealing with it right now. We are no longer together and he still thinks he runs things and threatening me with taking the baby but he is the one with the record in my case. It does get easier just takes time. Good luck
Helpful - 0
You have to use all of this as a tool. Pack your bag and walk out if things are that bad. But the thing is not going back. Its like an addict. Getting clean is the easy part, staying clean is the tricky part. You have to want better for yourself.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community