Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

induction

Okay I am due in twelve days but have a feeling that he is not coming any time soon. I have a daughter that just turned one less than a week ago. With her birth her head got stuck and was born a day after her due date. I'm worried that it will happen again if he's the same size. I really do not want a csection. It would be really hard to have my daughter crawling on me and needing me to carry her and trying to recover from a csection and taking care of a newborn. Would it be okay to ask if I can get induced on my due date to try and avoid it all. My daughter was 7 lbs. 12 oz. At birth and I don't want him to get any bigger then her with me already having problems with her birth.
5 Responses
I'm actually going threw this situation right now just had my baby boy March 7th in my 1 year old be all over me in I had a vaginal birth it's as if my 1 year old still wants To be the baby in he turned 1 January7th you should see if they will induce you
You can get induced at 39 weeks
7631083 tn?1394352887
Your daughter wasn't really that big. I had my daughter at 37 weeks and a day and she was 7 lbs and 5.5 is. No problem having her. Every pregnancy and delivery is different
You realize hun that even if you get induced there's no guarantee that you won't get a c-section.. a lot of inductions end in a c-section because of complications or the baby just wasn't ready. I don't want to discourage you.. hopefully it'll work for you and you can deliver him vaginal!
I would just be prayerful and hopeful because every delivery is different. My friend have a 13 pound baby natural birth.iknow that's big but. Every pregnancy is different. This baby doesn't have to get stuck  because of the first. Talk to ur docs so u can be comfortable and everyone is on the same page
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.