A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
873692 tn?1337279333

is it safe

so called the dr about the bleeding after a bm (tmi i know ) and she perscibed me medroxyprednosone  10mg 1 time a day but im a lil scared cause in the instructions it says not to take in the 1st four months of pregnancy what do i do oh i am 5 weeks 4 days
21 Responses
well if the doc.prescribed it i guess its okay. do more research online about it first. sometimes its good to have a sec opinion.good luck
349463 tn?1333575176
Do you have a lot of bleeding? I know in early pregnancy you get really constipated and so a little blood can be expected with that.
873692 tn?1337279333
no not at all but i have had 2 miscarriages it all very scary we really want this baby the blood is a pale pink to maybe a pink to sometimes a oarngish brown i know it veries in color but we just dont want to get attach to this baby to loose it it almost killed our relationship last time i lost the baby the blood is there between 7am -9am when ever i go to the bathroom but its only one time in that time period its really weird and this has happend since sunday i really dont get it anyone who can help shead some light on this supject would be great  
349463 tn?1333575176
I assume it's rectal bleeding by the way. If it is and it's only small amounts of blood I doubt that would cause a miscarriage.

You can always call your dr back and discuss taking a drug that is not recomended for the first trimester. Find out what the risks and benefits are before deciding to use it.
873692 tn?1337279333
well when i wipe its not from my rectal area its from my vagina i know cause i have checked multiple times and she said it was ok and only used for the 1st 12 weeks and she said its nothing to worry about but i am still worried plus it helped me with the nasea today normal it last all day and today was the 1st day i didnt have it i just hope i dont misscarry this one
What is the medication for? In other words, what is it supposed to do or specifically treat?
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.