Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

is it time ? (Long)

Well im 39 w today,  and been experiencing what I think are contractions.  They started Tuesday after I got my cervix checked,  I was only a centimeter and a half dialated.  Im a ftm so dont really know whats going,  the pain is so intense it feels like really bad menstrual cramps and my tummy gets hard they last about a min and come every 5 to 10 mins the most but the thing is they havent gotten stronger they stay at the same amount of pain , now im starting to even feel nauseous  :/ Are these just really bad BH or the real thing?  Like I said its been happening since Tueaday.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had exact same problem with my 1st. They were real contractions but didn't get any stronger.  I went to see midwife at hospital and was 2cm dilated, after 12 hours and no change they broke my waters and then they got real strong real fast lol. Good luck xx
Helpful - 0
3360193 tn?1365871889
if its been happening for a week i would say BH, real contractions get stronger, longer and happen more frequently.   try taking a hot bath and a couple paracetamol to see if they ease off any - if they do its likely BH as nothing will ease off the real ones.    I was in stop-start labour for 6 days  before baby boy finally arrived so if in doubt, check with Dr ./ Midwife / Maternity unit x
Helpful - 0
Anyone? :/
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.