is it time ? (Long)

Well im 39 w today,  and been experiencing what I think are contractions.  They started Tuesday after I got my cervix checked,  I was only a centimeter and a half dialated.  Im a ftm so dont really know whats going,  the pain is so intense it feels like really bad menstrual cramps and my tummy gets hard they last about a min and come every 5 to 10 mins the most but the thing is they havent gotten stronger they stay at the same amount of pain , now im starting to even feel nauseous  :/ Are these just really bad BH or the real thing?  Like I said its been happening since Tueaday.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had exact same problem with my 1st. They were real contractions but didn't get any stronger.  I went to see midwife at hospital and was 2cm dilated, after 12 hours and no change they broke my waters and then they got real strong real fast lol. Good luck xx
Helpful - 0
if its been happening for a week i would say BH, real contractions get stronger, longer and happen more frequently.   try taking a hot bath and a couple paracetamol to see if they ease off any - if they do its likely BH as nothing will ease off the real ones.    I was in stop-start labour for 6 days  before baby boy finally arrived so if in doubt, check with Dr ./ Midwife / Maternity unit x
Helpful - 0
Anyone? :/
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community