Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
I was wondering if anybody has had an IUD and has gotten pregnant on it. Just lately I have noticed that I cannot feel my IUD strings and I have had it in me for about 5 years and have always been able to feel them but now I can't. I am constantly nauseous. Have been eating a lot and am so tired. I figured I would probably be about 4 weeks along tomorrow so it is still too early to take I'm home pregnancy test but I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and am kind of nervous what I'm going to find out.
8 Responses
5515563 tn?1369185867
I would try to take an at home test. I had the Paraguard IUD in and tested positive after being a little over 4 weeks pregnant. Now I am 16+5 along and still amazed that I got prego! Even if the test comes out negative I suggest getting it checked. I could still feel my string, and even with a pelvic exam the Dr. said that it felt like it was in the correct position. The only way they were able to see that it moved into my cervix was by ultrasound. Sorry for the long reply! I hope it helps! Take care : )
That's what I have is the paraguard and took a test and it was negative but I would only have been 3 weeks so too early to tell. I guess I'll find out tomorrow at the Dr. Did they take the iud out or leave. It in?
3136949 tn?1369528305
If you would be 4wks you can test at home I found out at 4wks with an at home test.
I got prego while on paragard. I'm now 23 weeks along.  
I got pregnant with my daughter years ago on the mirena and I got a pos test at 4 weeks
5515563 tn?1369185867
After the ultrasound they took mine out immediately. They did warn me that there is a slight risk of bleeding or miscarriage after the first week of removing it. I didn't bleed at all though, they had me come back in for a two week reevaluation and second ultrasound to confirm baby was vital.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.