Pregnancy Community

kinda annoyed

I'll be 39 weeks Friday & doctors still has never checked me to see if I'm dilated or anything. & my 37 week strep b came out positive. I'm so nervous
Mine never checks me either! What's with that?
I have no idea but I'm so annoyed with it
My docs don't check unless I ask them to.
Do you live in the uk? I think it's just what they do here don't check until your in labour
There's no need to check unless your water breaks or if you're in labor. Sometimes checking can cause to go into labor before baby is ready so they don't want to bother and let baby come on its own.
Yep they will check when u get cotractions, water breaks, so when labor starts and u are in hospital
While I stay in the United States in Florida nd my doctor checks his patients at 35 weeks. Maybe you should ask them nd see what they say
They checked my sisters every time after 37 weeks & I live in Pennsylvania
They are not obligated to check you because it isn't necessary. Being dilated doesn't mean anything in terms of when you will have your baby.
Yea same here I am due Thursday and doc didn't check me neither and I would like to know
It's annoying how they check some but not others