losing weight after birth

How long did it take for you mommies to lose all that baby weight? and What did you guys do to lose it?
i was just watching the news in the morning and some celebrity trainer made some comment about how pregnant women have no excuse of letting go of there body just because they get pregnant. i found it kinda rude because many mothers dont have the priviledge to have nannys and stuff. And dont have the time to work out with a new born at home. I just find it so hard to exercise now that i am pregnant i get so lazy lol and i am watching what i eat. Trying not to eat to much junk food even though its kinda hard with all my cravings being junk food. well all that made me think about how i am going to lose weight once my baby is here. :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I lost all of my baby weight and down a few lbs within 2 weeks of birth (of course I was also young then too, and very active taking care of a newborn) and I breastfed and pumped, helped me a lot! :)
Helpful - 0
thanks ladies. hopefully breast feeding works for me to lose weight and having to take care of two dogs and clean my house lol . i just hope i get back to my pre pregnancy weight after the baby.  :)
Helpful - 0
I'm 6wks after having my third child. I have no idea how much weight I gained (they dont weigh us in the UK) and I never weigh myself so I dont know how much I've lost, but I had a huge baby bump and bum. it was nearly 2 wks after delivery before I could wear anything but maternity clothes and then I could only fit a UK size 16 (I was a 10 pre-pregnancy) I'm now down to nearly a 12 (I can get jeans buttonned but they dont look great) my bum is still big, but its going! I've a fairly long way to go yet, but I dont expect to lose the last of it anytime soon...it took me 9months to gain it so it could easily take at least that to lose it. I'm not breastfeeding so I'm not burning calories that way, just running around after 3 kids and 2 dogs and keeping the house clean is pretty much my exercise! I keep threatening to use the xbox knect thing to do an exercise programme which I have...but there's not enough hours in the day!
Helpful - 0
i breastfed all 3 of my kids and i lost weight quick and without exercising=)). with my first in 2008 i lost 25lb or maybe a little more same with my 2nd one in 2010 and now after this pregnancy, my daughter is 21 days old now and i lost 35lb already so i got like 8lb more to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight.=). i love breastfeeding because when you feed your baby your burning calories when your sitting just feeding the baby=)
Helpful - 0
With my first baby I was young, 18...I think that worked in my favor. I got way skinnier then I have ever been after I had her, and I had gained 70 lbs! I went from 177 to 103 or something ridicuous like that in about 4 months. I do think I lost about 25 lbs within the first few days of the birth. I didn't work out or anything, just breastfed for 14 months. I think that was the key to me losing weight, bc as soon as I stopped nursing gained the weight back.

My second it took about 6 months to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and again I stayed skinny until I stopped breastfeeding, then I gained about 15 lbs.

With this pregnancy I am much older, and I have gained so much weight already that I doubt I will lose it all very quickly, if at all :/ I plan to work out if I can this time. Hopefully breastfeeding will do me some good this time around as well.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community