MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

losing weight

I am 20 and 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I was trying to lose weight before I found out I was pregnant and my weight just wouldn't move off 11st 6lb, I have weighed myself a few times and have been recording it on here and I now weigh 11st 1lb I only found out I was pregnant a week ago today. Is this normal?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh okay thank you, think I was more concerned cause I've not had any morning sickness or anything
Helpful - 0
Your weight can fluctuate in the beginning. I wouldn't worry about it babies are very resilient. They get nourished first and then you so they take what they need from your body that's why its important to take a prenatal vitamin not so much for the baby but for your body to cope with any nutritional deficiency. And gaining weight in the beginning isn't crucial. I lost 20lbs with my first pregnancy due to morning sickness and shes a perfectly happy 4 year old
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community