losing weight?

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and my morning sickness is just nausea, no vomiting. But I've been steadily losing weight over the past few days even though I eat at least 3 meals a day (3 normal portioned meals, or 5 small meals). When I first weighed myself when I found out I was pregnant, I was about 145. Then when I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago I was 140, now I'm 137. Anyone else going through weird things like this? Oh and keep in mind I'm constipated, so I feel like I should weigh more?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you ladies! I was beginning to worry that I was starving my poor baby or something @__@
Helpful - 0
I am. 13 weeks I haven't gain any weight yet but I try to eat smaller. Meals. But I'm always hungry lol
Helpful - 0
When I first found out I was pregnant I was losing weight.I had lost 5pds then my next Dr's appt. I gained 1pd. Then lost 3pds. And im now 25weeks and so far I only gained 7pds but my dr. Is not worried as long as ur eating and the baby is healthy everything will be ok. This is my fourth child and I had this problem with every pregnancy
Helpful - 0
I'm 30 weeks and still a pound less than when I got pregnant.  Its fine.
Helpful - 0
If you eat less with each meal then you did before then it can cause you to loose weight. If you eat more frequently then you did before then it could cause you to loose weight. The more frequent you eat but small meals can cause your metabolism to work better and faster. Or could be if you are eating healthy foods. If not one of these then I'm just as lost as you. All I have to say is that as long as the baby stays healthy then I wouldn't worry. I lost weight at the beginning and am now 22 weeks pregnant and haven't gained anything and my baby is just fine.
As far as the constipation goes, try a stool softener, apple juice, prune juice, or coffee. Coffee works so well that I go from constipation to diarrhea in a matter of minutes since I don't drink it that much anymore.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community