MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

low progesterone

last period 3/22
test at 4wks prog 11.8 hcg 900
test 2 days latter prog 7.5 hcg 1200
test 2 days after that prog 9.8 hcg over 2000
41years old, healthy children, last miscarriage 6 months ago.
any ideas why the prog goes down and then up again, doct suggested u/sound at 6wks but it's hard to wait do you see any hopes for a healthy preg/ child? is there any possible relation between low prog and unhealthy children?
any ideas for prevention of the above in near future in case this preg ends, please tell me what you really think, going out of my mind... should i have any hopes for this one??? thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

A progesterone between 25 and 5 is basically indeterminate regarding likelihood of a successful pregnancy.  That said, the higher the number the better.  Your hCG levels are rising slowly and your progesterone is on the low side which reflects a high likelihood of a miscarriage.  An ultrasound around weeks end will likely provide a definitive diagnosis on whether this pregnancy will be viable or not.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Helpful - 0
my mistake the 2nd test while the prog went down to 7.5 the hcg went to over 2000. and then the 3rd test the prog at 9.8 the hcg over 3000. please give me your honest opinion.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Forum

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.