manicures?

Any of you ladies know if it's unsafe to get a gel manicure? I have a friend giving me Crap for considering a gel nail manicure for my wedding in a week, the clear "French manicure" look with silver sparkle tips. She's ragging on me about how the chemicals they use can leech into my skin and possibly harm my baby. Fair enough. But honestly, it sounds crazy uptight.. is it really that potentially dangerous? I've never had my nails done before so I'm clueless but want to do something special for my wedding. I have a second option of just getting Wal-Mart stick ons if necessary.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ahh interesting the sunscreen suggestion makes sense! I will do that!
Helpful - 0
It's fine to get them done
Helpful - 0
My doctor told me it was okay, but I did wear waterproof sun screen because the light they use can cause skin cancer.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community