marijuana

I don't know if any of you smoked but ive been smoking since I was 11 till now 20 so around ten years or so on a daily basis, and every night to.sleep but now that I cant smoke because I am pregnant im having a hard time sleeping and going throughtout the day because I have anxiety and I jst feel agitated all the time its just hard going from smoking daily to none at all but I refuse to smoke now obviously because I want a healthy beautiful bbie but its a struggle, taking one day at a time
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I understand your struggle I went through the same thing... you got this momma.. just power thru this... you will get a lot of negative
Comments for posting this but don't take them to heart Hun <:)

Just take it easy and try to relax and breathe... its going to be hard I'm not saying it will be easy but it WILL get easier day by day..  after the first month of stopping/decreasing heavy use urge my still be there but it won't be as strong... just know its all for your little one :) <3

Good luck momma I have faith in you if you ever just need to vent you can message me on here
Helpful - 0
I felt the exact same way but I quit cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant with my son. It's been 7 months now. I just try not to think of it or be around it. A healthy baby is all I want nothing is more important than that.
Helpful - 0
The feelings will pass as time goes on. You'll realize you dont even need it anymore. I went through the same thing. Happy to be sober now. I never thought I could stop and when I finally did i feel like I never needed to pick it up to begin with when I was still smoking I would convince myself that I needed it to sleep or to help my nausea but it was all in my head
Helpful - 0
Smoking marijuana is your choice.  It's been proven to be less harmful than alcohol or tobacco and the only reason people respond the way they do is because it is illegal in most states. Personally I am proud of you for quitting while pregnant. I choose not to smoke marijuana because I don't like the high. Just take it one day at a time and eventually the cravings will go away.  
Helpful - 0
Chewing peppermint gum, helped me sooooo much. I had to quit for sports. Also drink lots of water, & just maybe eat something else when you crave it. Maybe an apple or water.
Helpful - 0
Im glad im not the only one,  thanks you guys so much I really needed to jst vent it out because the urges dont seem to go awayy but I will do anything for my lil angel to be born healthy ,people smoke throughout their pregnancy but I could never do that even though its not as harmful its still harming it in a way because its not letting them develop fully,  I jst try not to think about it but here in los Angeles theirs shops everywhere its like everyone smokes here but I know its possible I love my lil angel im going on 5 weeks pregnant and its lil heart is developing (:
Helpful - 0

My younger sister smoked up til she was almost 6 months, she was losing to much weight from not being to keep anything down. Her doctor was fine with it, as long as she quit before having the baby or they would take the baby from her. Her son is almost 4 months & perfectly healthy.
Helpful - 0
For sleep try a warm bath! Or if its really bad you can take melatonin or unisom, both are safe while pregnant! I personally have nothing against weed as llong as its used responsibly(plus i live in Washington where its legal!) but i totally agree that it should never be used while pregnant, no matter what! Good for you for being responsible!:))
Helpful - 0
My husband and I quit cold turkey for our baby boy and as agitated we get here and there, we health-wise feel so much better and I feel so much more energized. I used it mainly to fall asleep and now I stay active and by 9pm im passing out without any help lol during the day I chew on gum and sometimes ill run to Starbucks and get a decaf coffee to replace that urge to smoke. In the end its nice to not have to stress whether baby will be ok or not. Nothing great  is easy to accomplish, you can do it :) keep your baby as a motivation....it does get easier. My husband started smoking it when he was 16 until he was 33 years old and hes been doing great without it! You made a great choice to quit and I personally know how difficult it is so I give you props ★★★
Helpful - 0
I went threw the same thing. After my 1st week of not smoking it wasn't so bad.  Good luck to u an the baby
Helpful - 0
What I did was replaced my relaxation time with something else relaxing like reading a book or strecting or doing yoga :) I do think marijuana is so much safer than all the pharmaceutical drugs that are proven to been harmful. We can do this and after breastfeeding I think I will purchase a vaporizer so I can eliminate the smoke all together even after the baby's here.
Helpful - 0
Im glad you decide to stop and after 10 years thats great cause thats a long time! And to the ladies saying its not proven to be harmful thats false it can cause preterm labor which is what happened to me. But anyways great job! :)
Helpful - 0
U can keep it up! I haven't smoked in yrs but my problem was drinking i know how hard it is. theres not a whole lotta evidence what smoking will do while pregnant but why take the risk when it may affect baby for the rest of their life? Lot a of ppl get heated one way or the other saying dont do it or its fine but the goal of being a great mom is doing everything possible for a healthy happy baby so again why risk it? Good luck momma
Helpful - 0
I know how you feel. I've been smoking weed for a while and I smoked while I was pregnant and I didn't know. Soon as I found out, I felt bad and I quit as well. It is very hard especially in stressful times, but we can make it moma. I'm 5 months now and have not smoked not once. Chew gum.......it helps A LOT lol. But I'm proud of you for stopping
Helpful - 0
I did it up until my sixth month, tried stopping earlier but that made me feel stressed since i was like you and smoked for so long beforehand. Came off it gradually so there was little physical stress. My doc knew and said it was fine, better than alcohol like so many have claimed is ok during pregnancy. But to each his own.
Helpful - 0
I know how you feel hun! I also started smoking at 11 yrs old on a daily basis to. I'll be 19 this yr so just a lil over a yr behind you. It was really difficult for me to quit to. Sometimes I have dreams that I'm smoking still an in the dream I freak out because I think they're going to take my baby when he's born lol. Then I wake up an I'm like oh thank God it was just a dream! Haha
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community