Pregnancy Community

maternity unit

I live in the UK and I am planning on giving birth in a maternity unit, there are only 8 midwifes that work there and they dont do epidurals and stuff that a hospital do, this is my first pregnancy, am I in for a shock with the amount of pain i'll be in?

Also, if the baby is healthy then I am allowed to give birth and go home as soon as I want, I just want to go in, give birth and maybe rest a few hours then go home, what should I pack? Do I need to take anything when im not planning on staying long?
Id Say Pack Clothes And Stuff... Just In Case You Want To Stay Longer Or NeedTo Stay Longer. The Pain Is No Joke But You Can Do It.
No you're not going to be in shock. Yes it hurts contractions are no joke. But remember all the millions of women who have done this without drugs. Its what your body is made for I can't wait to go natural because with my first I had IV drugs and those felt scarier than the labor because I wasn't in tuned with my body anymore.

As for your bag I'd say just prepare like as if you were going to stay because you might want more rest than you think. So pack a bag like as if you were spending the night in a hotel. I have a hospital bag list in my journals