Pregnancy Community

medroxyprogesterone 10 mg

I was perscribed Medroxyprogesterone 10 mg by my dr to help me start my period after missing it for 2 months and then to help me conceive. I did some research on the internet though and it said that it had been proven that this med causes birth defects.... should I really be taking this?? and shouldnt the dr have at least warned me about this affect? I want to get pregnant but I want a healthy baby.
The doctor didn't warn you at all about the side affects? Have you talked to your doc. about this at all? I don't know much about that drug, but from you are saying, it doesn't sound like you should be taking it if it has been proven to cause birth defects, at least I would not want to take it.