Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1931709 tn?1335833095

no weight gain

I am 21w5d and have not gained any weight. I eat and take my prenatals every day, but still no gain. My doc said the baby is growing and she is measuring right on for how far along I am. I was considered obese before I was pregnant (178lbs).... Do you think its bad that I haven't gained anything? This is my 4th pregnancy, and I gained with all the first 3.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1931709 tn?1335833095
Thanks so much ladies... I feel a lot better! :)
Helpful - 0
I dropped 12 lbs before I gained anything this pregnancy. I am 32 weeks +5 and I have only now past my pre-pregnancy weight( I am up 5 lbs now). No one seems worried and my BMI was just into the obese category when I conceived.
Helpful - 0
1835206 tn?1414772252
It's not bad at all :) as long as baby is gaining that's all that matters. I'm 30 weeks and just started gaining weight. I've only gained 7 lbs so far.
Helpful - 0
1947316 tn?1337300930
You are fine hun! I am 21w4days(right with ya :)) and I have actually lost 3lbs. I have 2 boys now... one I had 11 years ago, I was a lot skinner to begin with and I gained 45lbs but I just had my second on last March and only gained 7lbs the entire pregnancy and so far this one is shaping up to be the same. I am obese too. With my 11month old I was 243 prepregnancy and 250 the day I delivered him. Some weeks i'd gain 3lbs but lose it the next. The doctor wasnt worried because he was right on track for growth and I had a healthy 7lb12oz baby :) They say bigger women are only supposed to gain 10-15lbs anyway and its ok if you're under that as long as you take your vitamins and do your best to eat. With both these last pregnancies I just dont have much of an appetite so the doc said its ok to eat whatever I can. Just keep doing what you can and the baby will take what it needs from  you :)
Helpful - 0
My daughter lost 9# in the 1st trimester, then gained 4 & lost 1. So she is still under what she was before getting pregnant. She was tiny before getting pregnant but baby is chubby at 22wks. She weighs over a pound already lol. I only gained 12# when I was pregnant. So don't worry as long as ur eating healthy baby will take all it needs
Helpful - 0
1756475 tn?1330538713
I think it means baby is gaining and you are losing.   I think i gained 4lbs the first trimester and now in the 3rd I've only gained another 4 but Dr says its perfectly normal.  I'm losing, baby is gaining.  as long as you are eating healthy and taking your prenatals there is nothing wrong with it.  its not like you are purposely trying to lose while pregnant.  I wouldn't worry to much yet.  Your dr will let you know if you should be concerned.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.