not thinning or dilating...

I'm 39 weeks and 5 days! Only 3 more days til my due date. I went to my Dr. App. And I am not thinning out at all or even dilating. My Dr does not let his patients go over 41 weeks so if this baby doesn't come in the next week I'll have to get induced... And I don't want that. Does anyone have any advice on how to naturally induce so I can go into labor by myself? And has anyone else not thinned by 40 weeks?
Some women don't thin or dilate until they're in active labor, there's really no way to tell. I was 4cm and 75% effaced at 37 weeks and STILL went 5 days over with my first. It doesn't really mean anything, Drs just like to see it because it's a sign that you're getting close, but even so you could still go in tomorrow.

As far as inducing goes talk to your dr about it, mine had the same policy of not going over a week, and my induction date was 6 days after my due date I just barely missed it. It's scary and it depends on your feelings with the drugs and medication they use for it. BUT I'd personally rather be induced, and deal with the extra pain of pitocin (which they give most women in labor anyways if you get the epidural because that can stop you from dilating), than go over too long because it can be dangerous. One way or another the baby will come out, whether they need a little help or not, try not to stress yourself out too bad about it
I'd say the safe things you can try to jump-start labour would be lots of walking (up and down stairs too if you can manage it), having sex (this worked to evict my first who was coming up on a week late!), eating a spicy curry and drinking raspberry leaf tea!

But baby will come when they are ready and try not to worry if you do need to be induced. Doctors will help baby come out safely!

Best of luck and congratulations!!
I'm 39 weeks and I'm the same no dilation and not effaced...also my baby was engaged last week but now she's not, midwife thinks she has now turned abit an is almost back to back with me ...could this be the cause of my constant Period like pains an lower back ache ??
Pineapples worked for both of my kids. I went into labor the next day by eating a lot of Pineapples lol

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community