Pregnancy Community

ob said my babys measurements are small!!!

So scared 33w and today ob said my son measurements are way too small!!! Wat does this mean!?!?! I've been gaining weight like crazy according to this app I'maalmost 7lbs over what I'm suppose to be. Im freaking out!!!!!! Help!
babies grow at different rates, your due date might be off too. an ultrasound technician said my baby was measuring  a week behind and changed my due date two weeks back.
if your doc doesn't change your date that's normal, most won't after the first trimester because  of that fact  that babies grow differently after 12 weeks. I've gained a massive amount of weight too!
I'm seriously like freaking out I know some of its just hormones with all the added stress but I can't stop crying and just panicking. Idk what I did wrong and now my baby is in trouble and its the most horrible feeling in the world!!!
She scheduled a ultrasound for Friday morning but I'm so scared I just wanna know what's going on and if there is something wrong I'll have to let my baby suffer for three days???
Babies don't grow differently after 12 weeks unless a chromosomal abnormality is present. Chromosomally normal babies don't start growth divergences until about 26-28 weeks. Not counting IUGR fetuses, 20 weekers universally weigh 11-13 ounces. Carimae, is your due date accurate?  Find out the fetal abdominal circumference and the gestational age at which it was measured and PM me if you would like.
I've never heard that. I've heard from a variety of sources babies have growth spurts and grow at different rates
but now you probably just terrorized the women for absolutely no reason. congrats to you.
You didn't do anything wrong! some women can eat all they want and their baby will still come out small and some women could gain little weight and have a 9 pounder. don't stress out about it! Just relax
My baby was measuring small too. I'm now 38+1 and my baby weighs 6.9 pounds and is exactly where he's suppose to be. Have faith:) mine hit a growth spurt
Don't worry if your baby is a little on the small side. My son was 2.7kgs when he was born I think that's a little over 6pounds he is and was happy and healthy. He will be 1 on Monday and now weighs exactly what he should for his age and height. The plus side to having a small baby is that my birth was fast I was in labor for an hour and a half and he literally came flying out. I'm 12 weeks pregnant again with my second baby and am expecting he/she to be small too. I was told that if you are a small yourself or petite I should say then your baby may also be like that. How else are you going to fit a giant baby in there lol. Or like some others have said your baby might hit a growth spurt. Either way if the baby is healthy and your healthy you have nothing to worry about. Stressing out isn't going to help.
@aicnov14, I am a perinatal sonographer (high risk) for several years now. I scan fetuses 40 hours per week from 1st trimester to term. I will not post false information.
Not wanting to start anything but I have to agree with DADAT47, I can support that I've found this poster's information to be accurate and really helpful in my case.