off topic--songs with the word miracle or theme like that

Hey Ladies

So we are getting a book made with our daughters pictures in from 3months to 2 years (we did monthly pics) :) We have always called her our little miracle baby and our photographer was trying to come up with a theme so i told him the miracle thing. i'm looking for a song (preferrably county) that talks about a miracle or the love parents have for their child or anything on that order. any thoughts would be sooo appreciated!! thanks ladies!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've done my scrapbook (and some 3D u/s announcements) with the lyrics from Bruno Mars "Just the way you are". Except the one line about the sexy laugh, I just LOVE this song and think it's appropriate for MY miaracle daughter that is about to arrive in 6 weeks!

Oh her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day

Yeah I know, I know
When I compliment her
She wont believe me
And its so, its so
Sad to think she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me do I look okay
I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

Her nails, her nails
I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh
She hates but I think its so sexy

She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day

Oh you know, you know, you know
Id never ask you to change
If perfect is what you're searching for
Then just stay the same

So don't even bother asking
If you look okay
You know I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

Helpful - 0
oh my goodness there are so many...I don't know how religious you are but there's a country song called "I saw God today" about a man waiting for his daughter to be born...and the end is "got my face pressed up against the nursery glass...she's sleeping like a rock, my name on her wrist wearing tiny pick socks. she's got my nose she's got her momma's eyes...my brand new baby girl...she's a miracle...I saw God today." it gets me every time, LOL (tearing up just recalling the lyrics...it came out right about the time we found out that our first was a girl). I can't remember who sings it but if you youtube "I saw God today" I'm sure you'll find it. there's also "there goes my life" (not quite as appropriate..about a guy who finds out his girlfriend is pregnant when they weren't planning on it, and he feels like his life is gone..but then his daughter becomes his life...sweet song).

gah there are so many ! i can't think of them right off the bat....you can always think about using "yellow" by Coldplay..it's not country but it's a very sweet, slow song about his daughter. I'll brainstorm and see if I can come up with any more - I've always expressed myself through music so I know that when I was pregnant I had a lot of songs about becoming a mom or about miracles lol so I'll think of them sooner or later!
Helpful - 0
I forgot about I Saw God Today! You totally made me cry!!!
Helpful - 0
Ashelen, that would be George Strait!!!  Great song.  Started tearing up just reading the lyrics you wrote.  It is on my YouTube favorites!!!
Helpful - 0
thanks guys! i'll take any more suggestions you have :) :) :) THANK YOU!!!! i love music but am HORRIBLe at remembering titles and artists! LOL!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community