Pregnancy Community

officially afraid of Google

Like most people when i have a pretty general question i usually Google it. Tonight when i googled having a new baby around a cat there was good and bad, but the bad was really really bad. Including horror stories of babies getting really sick and even some of babies being killed by cats. Am i the only one who now has a healthy fear of Google? It seems to make me more paranoid an freaked out then it helps. I do believe i'm gonna leave the baby questions to my doc and you lovely ladies.
Google offically disgusted me when I searched up info about eating your placenta. It actually showed pictures and stuff and had instructions on how to cook it then put it in capsules. It was sooo gross
I don't think there's anything to really worry about. It's a search engine and it has multiple links and sites and images. But that's the purpose. Informative or not. Appealing or not. If the baby isn't allergic to the kitten and if the cat is de-clawed. Then it's perfectly fine. I asked my doctor. The only reason it's frowned upon is because the poopy has ammonia. So what if the baby grabs it or eats it. Or if the child harms the kitten by grabbing it from the neck or hair? Or if cat hair gets in the babies mouth? That's why I sent my car outside.
I have a 13 month old son and my 2 year old cat has been around him since the day we brought him home from the hospital I read all the horror stories as well and I honestly have never had a horrible experience my son and my cat are so close they're like brothers and I can't wait to see how my cat is with our next baby that were having in 10 days