Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
7606649 tn?1392686521

overweight and want to lose it while pregnant

Ive been losing weight for the last 8 weeks. Im down 8kg and wondering if its ok to continue to do this as I just found out im 5 weeks 5 days pregnant. I still need to lose 40kg. I haven't been dieting just been eating healthy. Not having fizzy drink or fast food. Just fruits veggies and water. Is it ok to continue to lose weight?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Im 16 weeks pregnant with twins and since my pregnancy I've lost 26lbs and my dr isn't concerned..just eating right and drinking lots of water.
Helpful - 0
My doctor told me if I eat healthy and lose weight he would be happy. He also told me to exercise.
Helpful - 0
7606649 tn?1392686521
Thanks! I dont have a dr appointment fpr anouther 6 weeks as my drs make me wait until 12 weeks to come in. So ill let them no. Thankyou :)
Helpful - 0
That should be fine :)
Your doc will let you know if you're losing too much.
No harm in eating healthy!
Helpful - 0
7606649 tn?1392686521
Im not dieting. Im just eating and drinking healthier and the weights comming off.
Helpful - 0
7606649 tn?1392686521
Im not dieting. Im just eating and drinking healthier and the weights comming off.
Helpful - 0
As long as you're eating healthy, I don't see a problem with it. I'm 31 weeks losing weight just by walking and my doc isn't concerned.  
Helpful - 0
I would ask your doctor but I would not be trying to lose weight I would continue to eat healthy only drink water and walk
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.