overweight and want to lose it while pregnant

Ive been losing weight for the last 8 weeks. Im down 8kg and wondering if its ok to continue to do this as I just found out im 5 weeks 5 days pregnant. I still need to lose 40kg. I haven't been dieting just been eating healthy. Not having fizzy drink or fast food. Just fruits veggies and water. Is it ok to continue to lose weight?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Im 16 weeks pregnant with twins and since my pregnancy I've lost 26lbs and my dr isn't concerned..just eating right and drinking lots of water.
Helpful - 0
My doctor told me if I eat healthy and lose weight he would be happy. He also told me to exercise.
Helpful - 0
Thanks! I dont have a dr appointment fpr anouther 6 weeks as my drs make me wait until 12 weeks to come in. So ill let them no. Thankyou :)
Helpful - 0
That should be fine :)
Your doc will let you know if you're losing too much.
No harm in eating healthy!
Helpful - 0
Im not dieting. Im just eating and drinking healthier and the weights comming off.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
As long as you're eating healthy, I don't see a problem with it. I'm 31 weeks losing weight just by walking and my doc isn't concerned.  
Helpful - 0
I would ask your doctor but I would not be trying to lose weight I would continue to eat healthy only drink water and walk
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community