pets with baby

I just need to vent and get some advice.. my dog is  2 years old and hes turn all a sudden to aggressive toward me and only me. Hes scared of my husband he understands hes alpha but he snaps and shows his teeth towards me..  any advice I really dont want to get rid of him I love him hes family.. but I will if it endangers my child
When a dog acts that way towards you you make him submit. It doesn't hurt the dog it just shows him you are in charge not him.
I have. Ive taken him to classes and had instructors help and give advice.. ive gone to as far as biting his ear.. to show im in charge
Bump
...
Is he an intact male? And when did he start becoming agressive?
And what breed is he?
Has he always been like that. He man not understand.  He sense something has changed and dosent understand what it is. It might be confusion.  If he bites stay clear otherwise I would make him lay close and have ur hubby give him directions to protect you. Make the dog have a place and job with all the change like having him lay outside the bathroom door , walk with u to exercise, lay in front of u when ur on the couch.  He'll realize his job dogs are smart
He recently feels the presence of baby. Ive heard that they can bear their heartbeat dont know if its true or not. My dog started acting all weird when I got pregnant hed follow me EVERYWHERE and wouldnt let me be alone. Until I realized that why but then I moved in with my bf and their dog hates me. So idk, but yes they can feel there presense. He knows you'll give someone else their attention very soon.
No he has been fixed the shelter did it for him. The dog is also a male but he never was like this.. we got him when I was 3 months. He doesn't listen to me anymore.  He use to follow orders I gave not until a few weeks its been going on for 2 weeks.. he just now getting worse biting and snapping.. :(
He has know I've been pregnant he could tell he was an angel till past 2 weeks. . It's like someone gave me a different dog. .
I always tell my dog that he's gonna have a another buddy to cuddle but idk if he understands. I'm afraid he might bite my baby or he might be too protect when people tries to hold the baby. My dog is a bipolar but he's also has a sweet side too.
Some ppl dring a baby blanket home before baby gets home, one the baby has been wrapped around and give ut to your dog so he can get used to the smell and wont attack but if he sees you protecting the child I doubt he will. Dogs are very intelligent animals
I get the blanket but why would he attack me? I'm one of his owners that feeds him and takes care of him.  It doesn't make any since..
February baby,  what breed/mix is he?
If it doesn't stop soon make him an outside dog. You cant be worried about a dog snapping or attacking you while pregnant. That's an injury you can avoid. You have to think about yourself and the baby you're carrying
Shepherd collie mix. And I cant keep him outside id rathee give e him away.. I live in a town home no backyard just a portch
I had a mastif great dane boxer mix that did that as well. He was my baby until I got pregnant. Sadly my story didn't end well. One day.he attacked my face so bad I have scars. Completely unprovoked. It still hurts me that he's gone now. And we have no idea why he changed only towards me. Was great w my kids and hubby but hated me after I got to be about 4 months along. It was scary. I wish you tge best tho I truely do.
Oh no! I refuse ill get rid of him if he keepz this up. Ive been around an aggressive dog and it didnt end well. Hes a lover but just just turned against me. He still protective to an extent because my husband basically yelled and scared him
FB,  this is a huge problem.  I'm trying to do the math here - you got the dog when you were 3 months,  and are you about 5 months now?  And he's been behaving this way for about 2 weeks?  

What evidence do you have that he was abused in the past?  So many people get dogs from the shelter and believe that the dog's bizarre behaviors are a result of abuse when it's the opposite - the bizarre behaviors drove the prior owners nuts so they took the dog to the shelter.  I would very strongly suggest that your dog had attacked or threatened the prior owners and that's how he ended up in the shelter.

Additionally,  collies are biters.  They are not intended to be family pets - they are intended to bite at sheep and herd them.  Despite how adorable Lassie was,  collies aren't Lassie.  :(  I think collies,  statistically,  are the #1 top biting breed.

I think it took him a little while - 6 weeks or so - to adjust and decide where his place is in the pack,  and his place is over you.  

I think it's a matter of a very short period of time before you will be bitten.

And I'd call the shelter and ask really pointed questions on the dog's history.

Best wishes.  I don't think this is fixable.  I volunteer at our shelter and know there are a LOT of fabulous dogs out there deserving homes - this one isn't one of those,  sadly.
We know cause ive been a rescue dog lover for awhile. I've delt with many that cames from homes  that abused. he shows all the signs of being neglected and beaten. He knows its not over me and I run the house with my husband.. I wish he just stop trying to bite me. . I found a home he would do great in just down to talking to my husband about it
Feb,  I doubt he'll be great for long in any home before he attacks someone.

Sounds like you've been around lots of dogs,  have you had much experience with collies?
Yes. He takes after the other breeds he mixes in. Ive lived with many dogs and onlything collie has in him is the way he runs and looks.
how often does he get exercise?
Everyday I take him on a walk. My exercise since I have to take a light work. :/
2

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community