Pregnancy Forum

planning a second baby

i am 32 years married woman i had a first pregnancy with 8th month stillborn babyboy in june 2005. then i got pregnant again at same year and started aspirin at a very later stage say after six months of pregnancy..and my baby was not growing properly as the weight was very low and i had a c-section at starting of ninth month with very low birth weight of 900 gms of a babygirl in june 2006. in december 2008 i had  one MTP and in june 2010 i had a miscarriage after 11 weeks of pregnancy...now we want a second  child i want to know the chances of normal pregnancy and how and when the aspirin should be started in this kind of blood clotting disorder and how far is this is safe...i really wish i have a normal healthy child..please suggest..thanks for any help..
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would test for several disorders, including anticardiolipin antibody and lupus anticoagulant.  In addition I would want to test for such things as Factor V Leiden, etc.  Depending upon your heritage, some problems are more likely than others.
I would want to know the results of these tests because it would help me decide whether to start aspirin even before you try, and possibly heparin after conception.  Your history is certainly suspicious for some type of coagulopathy.  A good gynecologist or Reproductive Endocrinologist could do this type of testing for you.  A Perinatologist might also be a good consultant.
Good luck!
Dr B
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.