Pregnancy Community

pre menstrual spotting

I have been spotting on and off very lightly for about 4 days npw, like when I use the bathroom.  I am not on birth control pills.  I took a pregnancy test today because my cycle is late, which came back negative.  What else could be causing the spotting?  Should I see a doctor?
do you have any pregnancy sym. and have you been spotting before your period and how late are you i would say wait a few more days and retest it might be to early to tell. goodluck if you want to be pregnant.
if your period does not come test again in a few days spotting around the time your period is due could be implantion bleeding
When I was preg. with my 8 month before I found out, I just had pms symptoms.  I feel the same now.  I have never spotted before, ever, even when I took bc years ago.  My period started between the 15th and 20th of last month.  I am breastfeeding so I know that periods can be irregular.  So...I just don't know...
i am breast feeding my two girls now so i was feeding my oldest when i had some spotting in my second pregancy maybe it has something to do with feeding also i noticed it seams to take longer to get a positive test when feeding something to do with the prolactin and the way it affects you other hormones
I was wondering about that too.  I guess I'll wait a few more days and test again.  Should I be worried about this in any way?  I mean, I don't want to have ovarian cancer or something, and this is the sign.  I'm 23 so I think I'm kinda young, but I just want to be informed.
i dont know about ovarian cancer run it by your doc i spotted in my second pregancy ang had a negative test with her and now she is a normal completly mad 1 year old