Pregnancy Community

pregnant with no periods!!!

Hi ladies,
I am wondering have any of you heard or know of someone who got pregnant without haveing a period.Im really anxious for my sil she got her bfp yesterday.She has pcos and hasnt had a period since june and before that it had been a year.She went doca nd they told her she was 7 to 8 weeks gone i dont know how they came about with that estimate because they couldnt hear a heartbeat or anything yet.She has to wait to be scheduled for ultrasound.My questions are
1.can you get pregannt while hving no period
2.could she be further on in her pregannacy and they cant hear heartbeat yet(she is a bigger lady so could baby be undetected with doppler)
I really hope and pray she is pregnant because she has been trying for ten yrs since her 1st was born to become pregannt and she is over the moon.But i have heard of so mamny people getting bfps ad they turn out to be cysts.Ny feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ladies x
anyone
I really didn't know it was possible. I assumed if you don't have a period, then you didn't ovulate and you need to ovulate to get pregnant. I really don't have any answers for you, sorry.
thanks victoria ye i know i assumed the same and i have seen so many things about bfps and they turning out to be cysts.She is so excited and i dont want her to end up being devastated.I really hope there is a baby there the doc wouldnt have said she was pregnant if she wasnt!!!!!!!.lets hope the ultrasound shows a wee baby there.she hasnt had period since june that was her first one in over a year so i tought she might be further on than 7 or 8 weeks and maybe she wasnt abke to tell as i said she would be a bigger girl.I really hope for a baby here she is so excited
anyone else know of anone who became pregnant while having no periods
Cysts wont give out positive pregnancy tests.and if your not having periods then you are not ovulating .since when we ovulate we will get a period within 16 days due to the linning needing to be shed.wow no period since june,then yes i would have thought she be alot further on.are you sure she hasnt been having periods.even if she has had light period.not thinking it was her period as not as heavy,this could have actually been her cycle.my periods are 1 and half days.and very light.ive never heard of being pregnant with no period.its impossible.doctors cant guess anything how far on she is if she not having periods.im guessing she had a test at the doctors then? congrats to her.
U can definitely ovulate without bleeding for your monthly.  With PCOS you don't ovulate regularly but it sounds like your sister has O'd and gotten pregnant.  It's harder for people with PCOS to get pregnant because of no bleeding to determine CD 1.