prenant

i use to smoke alot.. im 4 weeks preggy can i just stop immediately??
yes and you should, The most serious complications — including stillbirth, premature delivery, and low birth weight — can be chalked up to the fact that nicotine and carbon monoxide work together to reduce your baby's supply of oxygen. Nicotine chokes off oxygen by narrowing blood vessels throughout your body, including the ones in the umbilical cord. It's a little like forcing your baby to breathe through a narrow straw. To make matters worse, the red blood cells that carry oxygen start to pick up molecules of carbon monoxide instead. Suddenly, that narrow straw doesn't even hold as much oxygen as it should. I hope you quit for your babies health if not for yours..
yes if you think can, it will definately be worth it for you but especially bub :)
Yes please do every cig is harmful. I quit both pregnancies the moment I had my positive test result. So worth it. The crap.about stopping suddenly is bad for baby is a lie.. Cos the clean non toxic air is worse than a cigarette? Yeah right..you're fine to stop..keep the good attitude up..its great you've decided you want to quit. Your baby will be healthier..you'll eliminate huge risks if miscarriage. Still birth and SIDS..to name a few. You will also Starr feelind better too trust me. Good luck xx
I have to disagree if u were a heavy smoker like i was my doc told me that if i quit cold turkey that early the withdrawal could cause a miscarriage so my advice talk to your doctor but cutting down to quit its deff a great thing and if u can quit in a month thats gteriffic!!!!
Definitely talk to a doc but I've never been told that. I've been told if I smoke to stop right away but I already had..maybe there's different advice where you live x
http://www.babycenter.com/404_im-pregnant-can-quitting-smoking-cold-turkey-hurt-me-or-my-b_1405526.bc
It really all depends on you. I dis around 4-5 weeks with no issue. This is my third child. I quit with my first tried everything wig my second but couldn't. Def keep your soc updated on progress. The biggest thing is it can put stress on your body DEPENDING on how your body adapts to it.  This pregnancy was no issue to go cold turkey my last was horrible. If you can't completely quick cut down as much as possible every bit helps.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community