Pregnancy Community

prenatal vitamins... how important are they?

Has anyone stopped taking their prenatal vitamins due to too much vomiting?  Can anything bad happen? When I was taking them I was throwing up all day every day but I stopped taking them and my vomiting has reduced and I can finally keep food down
It's most likely the iron in your prenatals.  I wouldn't completely stop taking them. Try the prenatal gummies, they help lol
They are very important! You can always ask then doctor to give you pills for nausea ...what I do is take my prenatal before I go to sleep. Helped a lot.
I've heard they're good to take, but I've honestly never heard anything bad coming from not taking them. I stopped taking mine when I was about 4months along. I'm 39weeks now and the doctor says the baby sounds perfect. I also know a couple of people who have kids and didn't take them. You should be fine, no worries :)
I had to stop taking mine due to nsusea. My Dr said that my baby will be just fine without them as long as I keep eating healthy. And I'm 32 weeks pregnant and she is perfect.
Ask ur doctor cuz prenatals are pretty important for u and the baby
Try the gummie brands.
One thing that is very important is the folic acid. It helps with brain and spinal chord development and can prevent a lot of things from happening. But I had bad nausea when I took them. I started to take them at night before I went to bed and it helped significantly.
I had the same issue my levels were already to high so doc told me to stop taking I till 2nd trimester
My best friends sister has never taken prenatal and she has 5 very healthy kids and the oldest is 7! But as long as you eat the right foods and get enough folic acid then you don't really need to take them just be more aware of what you need to be eating.
I'm taking the gummies and they work great.  

I stopped taking mine and replaced it with just folic acid until 12 weeks and haven't taken anything since! My baby is healthy, so I'm not worried! I just watch what I eat :) x
I took prenatals at first but i had the same problem and found gummies and my baby is healthy, you should try the gummies