Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

puppies and babies?

Has anyone else just really wanted to adopt a pup from the pound? 18 weeks and I'm still considering some doggy adoption
5 Responses
8464451 tn?1409887576
I did!
My husband ended up getting me a female shihtsu puppy. She was so adorable & beyond playful but out apartment doesn't have balcony or patio & we couldn't keep her inside because she will pee & poop & stain the carpet & I couldn't be smelling that . I was so soon into my pregnancy too , maybe like 12 weeks.
So I ended up giving her away :|
Its possible as long as you are willing to make sure the dog is trained. A puppy is just like a child if not worse sometimes. I have three dogs and a three year old and I'm 29+5. It is a lot of work to keep up with especially when you are tired and stressed. I personally have no problem with it but lots of others do so take that into account.
We did! He was almost 2 years when we got him, but has lived in the pound his whole life so he acted like a pup still! He learned pretty quick and as soon as he knew he was staying with us and that he was home, he grew up a little bit but still has his moments. We got him when i was 16 weeks. I'm now 24+4! I definitely do not regret getting him whatsoever!! :)
8377023 tn?1399512760
I got a kitten. A little calmer than a puppy. I dont touch her litter box. If you don't get a puppy always look into the kittens
8377023 tn?1399512760
Im not able to get a puppy because of our stupid dachshund, that's why I ended up with a kitten
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.