Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

question about ultrasound

Im 12 weeks5 days had my first prenatal visit at 10 weeks. Now i didnt get an ultrasound.  Does that sound right ill be 14 weeks when i go back. But I feel like i should have gotten one all of my friends got one the first visit. How do i know theres nothibg wrong or that the baby is growing right. I mean she couldn't get the heartbeat. But brought in a small (size of a cell phone screen) in to see the  baby and the arms were moving and the heart was flickering.  But i feel i shoulda got a US to check everything and check to make sure of the due date? What do you guys think about this situation?  Switch doctors or go tk my second and see n ask  they haven't done one.
1 Responses
1911870 tn?1345419009
Us done by 12 weeks are best for dating purposes. Your dr will most likely do 1 at your next appt. If you switch it'll probably be a couple of weeks before you have an appt with your new dr so either way you're gonna have to wait.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.