Pregnancy Community

question about ultrasound

Im 12 weeks5 days had my first prenatal visit at 10 weeks. Now i didnt get an ultrasound.  Does that sound right ill be 14 weeks when i go back. But I feel like i should have gotten one all of my friends got one the first visit. How do i know theres nothibg wrong or that the baby is growing right. I mean she couldn't get the heartbeat. But brought in a small (size of a cell phone screen) in to see the  baby and the arms were moving and the heart was flickering.  But i feel i shoulda got a US to check everything and check to make sure of the due date? What do you guys think about this situation?  Switch doctors or go tk my second and see n ask  they haven't done one.
Us done by 12 weeks are best for dating purposes. Your dr will most likely do 1 at your next appt. If you switch it'll probably be a couple of weeks before you have an appt with your new dr so either way you're gonna have to wait.