Pregnancy Community

quitting smoking

Hey girls im just over 7 weeks now and am trying to quit smoking. I only smoke a max of 5 a day and today i had one this morning and nothing since. Its been over 12 hrs and the cravings have just become unbareable i am getting snappy with everyone and extremy emotional. And tips on helping with these cravings besides food..... plz help
You're smoking while pregnant???
^^^ really?? I smoked about a half a pack a day before I got pregnant and I smoked menthol and I slowly cut back but at the beginning it was very difficult...I just kept telling myself no I'm not gonna have one and I wouldn't...after awhile it got to where I didn't want one as bad and I wouldn't buy a pack and my husband doesn't smoke so we wouldn't have any around...so eventually I just stopped I thought it would be harder but I actually feel so much better and so will you...good luck
It was easy for me,,i smoked menthol and my husband gave me one in the morning before i had ate and i had to stop traffic on a busy streetjust to throw up, since i can be around it but can't smoke it. My baby knew it was bad i guess
I smoked a pack and a half a day before I got pregnant and I quit at about 7 1/2 Weeks too. I think I just got lucky because even the smell makes me gag now. if its causing too much stress on you and the baby then just slowly cut back, try smoking your cigs in halves. Good luck!
I smoked a pack to 1 1/2 a day before I got pregnant. When I got pregnant I cut down to 1/2 -1 pack until I was a month along. It was really hard, some of what helped me quit was it was making me naseaus bc I would smell it and focus on the smell so ot started tasting like ashes, on top of that I bought a bag of jolly ranchers and other candy you can suck on. Everything i thought of a cig i sucked on one of those. They have sugar free too if youre worried about sugar. But after awhile the thought of a cig made me naseaus. Good luck!!!
Wish i could quit.. Am finding it really hard
Im almost eleven weeks. I smoke too. Its so hard
Thank u everyone for your ideas, ive put on 2kilos already and its only been 2days without smoking....... so worried im not going to b able to loose the weight this time round. The whole pregnancy is different and im so emotional and i think that has doubled since ive not been smoking. My fiance still smokes but tries to not do it around me. I went and got some jollyeancherd
Wow that made no sense haha dkw that posted i hadnt finished writing it... i went and got some jolly ranchers today and a few other sugar free lolies so fingers crossed i can get past this week.
When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter I was smoking a pack to 1.5 package a.day, I allowed myself to.smoke that day and.went cold.turkey the next day it was extermely diffocult, quitting is never easy, but to.say you justbcant do.it.is a cop out, most of is would.take.a.bullet.for our.children, we.can quit smoking for 9 months to give them the best possible start in life.we.can. I did gain a lot of weight but that is way better health wise.for.the baby then smoking.  The way I got through the first few months.was telling myself it was just for.the pregnancy and I could spark one up in the parking lot of the hospital right after delivery if I wanted to. Just be strong and think about your child, not yourself or your weight
You may also want to discuss your fiance quitting too, because not only is that tempting for you, it's TERRIBLE for him (I don't know about you, but I'm a freak about my husbands health, I want him to be as healthy as he can be, just like myself and his children) but it can increase the chance of SIDS when the baby is born, just second hand smoke. I agree with mellbelanger, babies should have the best possible start in life, and you will lose the weight later, after baby is here, and you'll be feeling SO much better, and be so much healthier, you want to live a long healthy life for your child, so don't start back up again after the baby is born, you can do it!
I got an electronic cigarette from Walgreens. Slowly weaned off of that. Has no chemicals in it. Just nicotine  and vapor. I smoked 1/2 pack a day when I found out. I was SUPER grumpy for about 2 weeks but I don't even think about smoking Anymore. Good luck!
I hope that works for you too! Good luck! :-)
I should mention my daughter is now nearly 3 and I am in my third trimester with my second baby and still haven't.had a smoke if you think its tough to quit you should try finding time to go out with a newborn lol.
I quit smoking since 7 months. But I frequently fall sick cough and flu. Anyobe gone through this situation.