Pregnancy Community

second glucose test

How soon did you go back to take your second glucose test? What did you do before taking the 3 hour test and did you pass the second time? If you didn't pass what is your doctor having you do with your diet?
I had to have a 2nd test on a Monday they told me not to eat after 12 Sunday night then only sip water I had to drink lucaicd then wait 2hours to take bloods mine came back fine.
I went back 3 days after i failed first test and during those 3 days they had given me a list of foods I should be eating and in moderation, i ended up failing the 3 hr test and now I watch not only sugars but also carb intake which was a biggie for me but it hasn't been bad at all and I test my blood 4 times a day.
Did they just have you check your blood only? Or did you also have to do insulin?
They are only having me check my blood and obvi I had to change to my eating habits which have helped keep my levels in check. So insulin for me now is not needed.
What did you eat during those couple days before you took your 3 hour test? I'm so nervous about failing my second test.
What did you eat? And how soon did you take your second test?
So after I was told I failed the first test I had to make another appointment and they just wanted to make sure I had 3 days of eating what they recommended, which consisted  foods such as eggs,  breads, pasta, yogurt, fruit, nuts and cheeses...all things I normally ate however, I ate these things in large amounts, I would recommend eating serving size only (as one should anyways lol)..these foods are what I eat daily now however I eat serving size and have been able to maintain my sugars.  I only failed 2 out of 4 tests  for the 3hr test and by small amounts but enough to be diagnosed with GD

Okay. Thanks for the advice and tips! Hopefully I pass the second one.
No problem...good luck!!
I went within 7days. It was the hardest test ever I was so hungry and weak afterwards but I passed. Its going to be OK and you will pass. My first one was a 33 and my doctor preferred a 31 so I had to retake. I'm not sure what the second one was. Your going to be OK just bring something to entertain urself
Thanks! I hope I pass. Were you watching what you ate before you went to take the test again?