Pregnancy Community

short cervix

I am 26+5 and when I went to my last appointment a few days ago they did an ultrasound to check on the baby's kidneys because we have been having issues with one being enlarged. Anyway, they wanted to check my cervix but couldn't see it so they did a vaginal ultrasound. The doctor said I have a short cervix and put me on restrictions. He also said that I have been having contractions. I go back in 2 weeks to see if it's gotten any better. I have read that a normal cervix at this time in pregnancy is 3.5-4. Well mine was 2.7. Has anyone else experienced this? And is 2.7 really that bad?
My cervical length was 2.8 at 27 weeks. They told me anything under 2.5 when they start to worry. Im 34 weeks now and they stopped my every two weeks ultrasounds. Next week im going to have my doc check my cervic.
Did they put you on any restrictions? They told me I couldn't stand for more than 2 hours at a time,I can't lift more than 10 pounds, and I can't have sex.
My cervix was shortening and I had to get a cerclage (cervical stitch) at 23 weeks. My doctor said they don't do it past 24 weeks. But that could just be them. I think I went down to a 1.something. I am now almost 33 weeks. They also gave me emdometrin. A hormone vaginal suppository.
I have an incompetent cervix and for my daughter and this pregnancy I had to get a cerclage. I experienced previous miscarriages because of this. So its better safe than sorry. Take it easy!!