Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

showing sooner in 2nd pregnancy?

Is it true that some women show sooner with there second pregnancy? I just found out that I'm pregnant with my second child so im just curious
5 Responses
10720243 tn?1415582269
Most definitely. By 15y stomach was huge. Now at 24wks I look like I'm ready to pop.
Oh wow! Is your baby growing big or average size, I'm so excited i didnt think I would have another :)
Yes it's normal,  although every woman is different.  Has nothing do do with babies size.

You second pregnancy,  your body has already "stretched " so to speak so showing earlier is normal.  

My first I didn't show until I was 6 almost 7 months. Pre-preg I was only 115 pounds. And I'm 5'1 tall.   I didn't look preggers at all!!

my second, I started showing about 5- almost six months pre-preg weight at 135.

This pregnancy,  my third I started showing at @ 5 months. Pre preg weight 140. Even though I am 37 weeks & have not gained any weight, now @ 129 , I'm pretty much All belly. Looks weird Lol!

But yes some woman start to show with pregnancies @ 4 months! Sometimes sooner!
Oh wow I'm so nervous no one couldn't barely notice with my daughter unless I was wearing something tight, i started really showing my last two months so im so curious with this pregnancy
1 Comments
If it's bothering you, they do have belly bands that are safe to wear during pregnancy.  Kind of like a girdle,  but not tight.
I am bigger but is also because with your second baby' you have more pregnancy bloating. And my little one feels wayyy bigger then the first. I am 31 weeks and she has stratched me further then my last little girl.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.