Pregnancy Community

smoking and weight gain

I managed to quit smoking finally a little over a week now. I'm 28 weeks now. Now I worry about my weight. I was working on losing weight when I got preg lost over 200 pounds was at 197 when I got prey. Now I'm up to 225. My doctor told me to cut back on food but if I eat any less I'll be starving myself. Is 28 pounds a lot to gain by 29 weeks? I'm worried I won't lose it.
Weight gain is a big issue when u quit smoking. But in the long run its much healthier for you and bubs. Ive read of ladies on here that gained 60lbs + during there pregnancy and it sheds off pretty quickly after birth. I wouldnt worry about it, hopefully u plan on breastfeeding which helps a lot. While breastfeeding ur uterus conyracts which is how a lot of women lose there pregnancy weight within the first month to two months of delivery. Eat healthy and drink lots of water. Avoid caffeine or sugars and youll be fine :) dont starve yourself or youll end up having high blood pressure which is not good especially during pregnancy. It can bring on preterm labor.
I agree, I think weight gain is preferred to smoking. Congrats on quitting! Also on loosing so much weight before you got pregnant. Whatever you gain now you can loose later.

Your weight gain so far probably is on the high side for having started at 197. But if your blood sugar is okay then I would say keep doing what you're doing. You're 28 weeks, so have you gotten your results back from you gestational diabetes test yet? I would use that as a guide. If you're in the clear then eat when you're hungry!
Yea I had the test done 3 weeks ago haven't heard anything so I guess I'm okay.