A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
3158442 tn?1344315253

stop/dry milk production

It's been 5 days since I had my little boy, I decided not to breast feed or pump because I really don't have the time with my 1 year old also, but my milk supply came in thursday and I haven't pumped or anything since I don't want it to continue, but I was wondering of any good ways to stop the supply, they are really sore, when I had my first son I pumped for a week and a half while he was in the nicu (he was there for 3 weeks) and one day I didn't have the opportunity to pump every couple hours like I was used to doing and they got filled and hurt the sane way they do now, then I finally pumped that night and then the next day they never actually got full again and a day or 2 later they were done producing. But are there any suggestions on what I can do about them now?
7 Responses
Bump
1905116 tn?1444428864
There is medication you can take if its bad. I dont really know either, I've never produced any milk for  my 3, however hard I've tried, but this'll bump you back up anyway!  
Cabbage leaves!! No joke. It works really well and will also make your boobs feel better.
2144283 tn?1399577694
As above ive heard cabbage leaves work wonders. Someone i knew put them inside her bra before bed and woke up next day with her bra soaked through and she didnt produce anymore milk! So give it a go cant harm you
1988837 tn?1328797613
I agree.. cabbage leaves worked for me! seriously dried it up in a day or 2 and I was pumping for 2 weeks before that!
1900942 tn?1462425060
Do frozen cabbage leaves the coldness helps with the pain and the leaves dry you out like they said use a sports bra it works wonders that's how I got mine to stop with my son
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.