MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

super bad back pain

Was wondering if lower back pain is normal im  still very early 10weeks and a day last night i was so uncomfortable an began crying because of the lower back pain this will be my 2nd pregnancy an I've never had this. can some one please help!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I experienced back pain til about 2weeks ago. It was never any worse than what I had with my period. Ask your doctor or midwife about it and about maybe taking tylenol for the pain. My midwife was okay with using tylenol in the first trimester but I heard some doctors prefer you wait til the second trimester.
Helpful - 0
Lower back pain is considered a common early sign of pregnancy.  I experienced lower back pain early on, but it subsided after 12w or so.  Now is a good time to strengthen and stretch the back muscles using yoga or pilates to keep it from being too painful in the 3rd trimester.  Hope all goes well in your 2nd pregnancy.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community