Pregnancy Community

swine flu/flu?tamiflu?

ok i am almost twelve weeks pregnant and already had two healthy little boys....and i always get really worried about the baby while pregnant.Anyways i was really sick with flu symptoms and went to the ER when i was 6 or 7 weeks preg. and they treated me with swine flu and did a test but they did not know if it was the flu or swine flu,because of how a pregnant womans immune system is lowered to help the baby survive.They gave me tamiflu and loratabs.i read a study they did on pregnant rats and some the babys ended up with skeletal deformities.DOES ANYONE KNOW IF SWINE FLU/FLU OR TAKING TAMIFLU CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS?OR IF THEY EXPIERENCED ANY THEMSELVES WITH PREGNACY?
Tamiflu is a Class C medication which means there isnt enough information available to know effects it will have on the developing fetus but studies in animals have shown minimal problems.

Since any strain of the flu virus can be very serious (even deadly), especially in pregnant women, Tamiflu is indicated when the benefits outweigh any risks.